martes, 12 de abril de 2016

First Class / Second Period



In my first class, I had many new experiences; I saw that the students were really interested in my class, and in the class, I also had many challenges because in the classroom where I had to teach, there was a class before, so it meant that I had to prepare everything in front of them and in front of the teacher; it made feel a little bit more nervous as usual because everybody was looking at me. Moreover, the arrangement was not appropriated, so I had to ask the students to move, and it was uncomfortable. I used U style. While I was preparing the board and the material, the teacher was taking notes of everything that I wrote on the board, and the students were talking. In general, I think the environment was normal and with good vibes. In the first three minutes of my class, I saw that the students wanted to participate in the class, and they were very active. They needed to move to get into the class. They were kinesthetic students. I heard they had a very Basic English; they knew a lot, and they could correct themselves. At the moment of starting with the warm up, they participated without any problem.



For the warm up, I decided to order the lyrics of a song, but I think that it was not working the way I wanted because it was difficult for the students to put it in order. Although a warm up can be related of the topic or not, I think that they should be related of the topic all the time. By doing this, the students can get a brief knowledge of the topic, and if we forget this, we can hinder the information that we as teachers need to know like how much the students know about certain topic.


On the other hand, I made kinesthetic activities. Based on what I already know about this kind of activities, they can help the students to learn easier, and sometimes, they can forget that they are just learning, and English is improved.
Based on what I observed, students like speaking activities and kinesthetic activities, and that can keep them sitting more than fifteen minutes.




So in the future classes, I will avoid bringing warm up activities that are not related to the topic. Also, I will try to give more time to students to develop the activities. In the other hand, in my future lessons, I will try to take out all the material pasted on the wall because they can saturate the view of the students because they will not know where to look at. The next time I teach this lesson, I will bring a variety of activities, which help me to reach the objective more in concrete 

1 comentario:

  1. I think you did a really nice job by having kinesthetic activities because we know that students love to be moving around the classroom. So keep working like that :)

    ResponderEliminar